Former Vice President of Public Relations at Kaman Corp. Joins APCO’s IAC
Washington (January 30, 2017) – J. Kenneth Nasshan, former vice president, public relations for Kaman Corp., with more than 25 years of experience in the communications industry, joined APCO’s International Advisory Council (IAC) announced Margery Kraus, founder and executive chairman of APCO Worldwide.
“Ken has a proven track record as one of the most effective communicators in our industry,” Kraus said. “His experience leading global corporate communications efforts strengthens the counsel we provide to our clients as they face a complex, ever-changing world. We’re delighted to welcome Ken to our IAC.”
Nasshan spent 17 years at Kaman, a defense, aerospace, science, industrial supply, and music manufacturing and distribution company, where he directed the company’s communications activities in the U.S. and North America. As vice president, public relations, Nasshan led communications efforts to support the company’s push into global markets.
Nasshan currently heads his own firm, advising clients that specialize in the defense, high tech and international arenas.
Throughout his career, Nasshan has guided Kaman and other businesses through significant crisis events, including aviation accidents, environmental crisis, mergers and acquisitions, governmental investigations, CEO transition, and activist investors and corporate governance.
“I’m very excited to be joining APCO’s International Advisory Council,” Nasshan said. “I look forward to adding to the firm’s global expertise and assisting clients.”
Nasshan holds a bachelor’s degree from Columbia International University and a master’s degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Nasshan joins a distinguished group of corporate communications experts on APCO’s IAC including:
- Nicholas Ashooh, former vice president of corporate affairs for Alcoa
- Barie Carmichael, former vice president and chief communications officer, Dow Corning Corporation
- Mary Foerster, former vice president of communications and marketing for Boeing Commercial Airplanes
- Chris Hassall, former global external relations officer at Procter & Gamble
- Jim Moorhead, former managing director of major public relations firm; former partner at Washington, DC law firm