London (6 September, 2016) – James Tyrrell, former co-founder and deputy managing director of Insight Consulting Group (ICG), joins APCO Worldwide as director and chair of the firm’s UK health care practice, announced James Acheson-Gray, managing director of APCO’s London office.
“We’re delighted to welcome James to APCO,” said Acheson-Gray. “His nearly 15 years of experience as a leading health care consultant, and proven track record of effecting policy change in the industry, will be of great value to our clients as they face an increasingly complex and regulated environment.”
Tyrrell most recently served as deputy managing director of ICG, which he co-founded in 2006. During his time with the consultancy, Tyrrell was integral to growing the company to a 25-strong team, spearheading a host of award winning programmes and campaigns, working with some of the world’s largest companies.
“James has been managing industry campaigns for nearly 15 years, and his addition is an exciting win for our team,” added Courtney Piron, head of APCO Worldwide’s global health care practice. “His knowledge and experience further strengthens APCO’s global health expertise and increases our ability to provide insightful counsel to our clients.”
Tyrrell’s expert knowledge of health policy and technology appraisal has enabled him to work extensively on disease awareness and guideline development during his career. At ICG, Tyrrell also provided corporate and brand support for leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and a variety of charities and professional organisations.
“I’m really looking forward to joining APCO’s dynamic team,” Tyrrell said. “Health care policy around the globe is evolving at a dramatic pace. Organisations wanting to be at the forefront of this evolution need the very best advice. APCO’s global health care practice sets it apart in the marketplace and I’m eager to use my expertise to assist the firm’s impressive client base.”
Tyrrell regularly contributes to industry media and has been recognised for his achievements as a communicator by being named Consultant of the Year at the Public Affairs News Awards.
APCO has been a leader in the health care industry for more than 30 years, helping clients meet the expectations of key stakeholders, communicate in a transparent and authentic way and advance policy and business goals. Tyrrell joins a team of distinguished health care experts including:
- Sukanti Gosh, managing director of APCO Worldwide’s India operations and member of the global health care leadership team
- Wayne Pines, former chief spokesman and chief of consumer education and information for the U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Bob Kocher, M.D., former special assistant to President Obama for health care and economic policy; member of APCO’s Health Advisory Board
- Leslie Norwalk, former acting administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; member of APCO’s Health Advisory Board
- Derek Yach, executive director of The Vitality Group; former senior vice president of global health and agriculture policy at PepsiCo; member of APCO’s Health Advisory Board