APCO Insight is the full-service global opinion research group at APCO Worldwide. We deploy sophisticated qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to inform strategic communications. With experience in more than 70 countries, APCO Insight works with the world’s leading companies, associations, nonprofits and public-sector enterprises to turn reliable research data into actionable recommendations that enable our clients to engage their stakeholders and achieve success.
- Focused on outcomes: Our strategic communication research helps clients develop strategies that have a measurable and predictive impact on behavioral and business outcomes.
- A firm without walls: We are a fully integrated team that works hand-in-hand with APCO’s 600 experts who come from the environments clients need to reach.
- Methodological rigor: Research is only as good as the methods that are used to collect and analyze data. APCO Insight is a team of research and statistical experts who apply the most innovative and rigorous methodologies.
- Discrete audience research Leveraging our public affairs and issues management heritage, APCO Insight specializes in research among hard-to-reach audiences, particularly policy-makers and regulators around the world. Our team also has extensive experience reaching other discrete audiences, including opinion-leading publics, business executives, health care professionals, investors and analysts, and hard-to-reach B2B customers.
Broadly speaking, our research can be categorized in the following subject areas:
- Enterprise Reputation. In today’s increasingly complicated operating environment, it is not enough for an enterprise to communicate its mission, products and services. Stakeholders want to know the total value of the brand which is defined by the extent to which enterprises meet the expectations of all of its stakeholders. Measuring and managing reputation requires a 360 degree view that accounts for all of your stakeholders.
- Message Development. For a wide variety of issues, we conduct message development work – both qualitative and quantitative – where we evaluate how specific messages are associated with favorable movement of opinion by key audiences.
- Advertising Impact and Creative Development. Measuring how advertising impacts reputation or other key metrics. In addition, APCO Insight assesses advertising at the conceptual stage and evaluates creative options.
- Branding and Positioning. APCO Insight research helps build stronger and more enduring connections to consumer, institutional and nonprofit brands in a way that delivers real value. Our research provides guidance on both what needs to be communicated and how.
- Crisis Management. When our clients find themselves engaged in highly publicized litigation or a crisis APCO Insight helps them position themselves and develop communication strategy. We also proactively help clients prepare for potential crises.
- Public Affairs. Managing issues, like health care reform, education policy, the intellectual property debate, reform of social services, etc., is a core expertise of our firm.
- Consulting. A key strength for APCO Insight is the ongoing consulting that evolves from our opinion research relationships. We work closely with many of our clients on strategy development and implementation.