Challenge: Gujarat’s Industrial Extension Bureau engaged APCO to oversee two of its flagship Vibrant Gujarat Summits, which aimed to market the State of Gujarat as an attractive investment destination and as an ideal place to live, work and do business.
Approach: APCO rebranded the summit as a global knowledge-sharing platform for world leaders, rather than simply an investment promotion vehicle. We provided strategic counsel to increase the international profile of the event; secured many prominent speakers; handled all engagement with potential partners; undertook all global media relations; and oversaw all communication, creative and design elements of the summit.
Results: Both Vibrant Gujarat Summits that APCO supported significantly enhanced the State’s reputation among global investors and opinion leaders; attracted thousands of overseas delegates; generated hundreds of positive stories in top tier media; and helped create thousands of new jobs in Gujarat.
Results At A Glance:
- Attracted more than 2,100 overseas delegates from 121 countries
- More than 300 journalists attended, leading to widespread top tier and international coverage including outlets such as The Economist and the BBC
- Generated more than 900 print stories in the month of the Summit
- 2,670 strategic partnerships formed and 17,719 investment intentions pledged (more than double the number than at the previous summit)
- APCO’s work for Vibrant Gujarat was recognised with both the global SABRE award and Asia region SABRE award for best campaign in the Public Sector/Government category by The Holmes Report