The World Policy Conference
Boosting International Awareness of World Policy Conference
Challenge: The annual World Policy Conference (WPC) featured world leaders and prominent CEOs, but was not generating any significant media coverage. For the sixth WPC in Monaco in 2013, the organization wanted to achieve coverage in leading French and international publications to widen the visibility and reach of the event.
Approach: APCO worked with conference organisers to structure the agenda and speaker line-up around key themes in international affairs to appeal to leading journalists and their audiences. Key messages, tailored stories and video interviews were crafted for the top target journalists, and media outreach began four months prior to the event. APCO handled all media engagement during the conference, including manning the press room and providing media relations support to international delegations and sponsors.
Results: The WPC was featured in more than 450 articles, across 38 countries in 16 languages. All leading French publications covered the event and international highlights included a front page article in The Wall Street Journal, articles in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Daily Telegraph, Reuters, Die Welt, The Times of India, and broadcasts on the BBC, Euronews, NBC and CNN.
Results At A Glance:
- WPC featured in more than 450 articles, across 38 countries in 16 languages
- Broadcast coverage on the BBC, Euronews, NBC and CNN
- Front page article in The Wall Street Journal
- Coverage in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Daily Telegraph, Reuters, Al Jazeera, Die Welt and The Times of India
- Articles in all leading French publications, including in Le Monde, La Figaro, La Tribune and a double page spread in Les Echos