Suntech – Global
Relaunching and Establishing Suntech as Leader in Global Solar Industry
Challenge: After being acquired by Shunfeng following its parent company’s bankruptcy, Suntech Power Company needed to re-launch itself as a leader in the global solar industry, differentiate itself from its former holding company, reestablish its credibility, and reaffirm the quality of its products with customers, partners, potential investors and the media.
Approach: APCO designed and implemented a strategic campaign to restore Suntech’s reputation with key audiences. The comprehensive communication plan included compelling corporate storytelling, executive thought leadership and marketing/sales support.
Results: One year into the re-launch, Suntech is regaining recognition among solar-focused financial, media and industrial circles. APCO’s media engagement has resulted in more than 80 original stories in industry, business, financial and top-tier publications, including a Bloomberg article commending Suntech for shipping twice as many panels in 2014 as it delivered in 2013.
Results At A Glance:
- Created a new corporate narrative that drove media coverage and conversations focused on Suntech’s future
- Secured 80 original stories in industry, business, financial and top-tier publications
- Placed thought leadership pieces in top-tier publications
- Posted press releases and original stories on 3,619 media outlets in dozens of markets
- Maximized media coverage at major trade shows
- Developed corporate communication materials, including a corporate video