Challenge: GE’s 18,000 employees in the UK had a limited understanding of the range of GE’s businesses, which negatively impacted the firm’s ability to promote the company to existing and potential customers.
Approach: APCO addressed GE’s internal communication issue with the creation of a new bi-annual magazine, “IMAGINE,” focused on themes and issues important to the UK, GE and GE’s businesses. To appeal to a broad audience, the publication was mailed to employees’ homes, featured high-profile third parties on the cover, and was designed in an accessible format with professional photography and an approachable writing style.
Results: IMAGINE grew awareness of GE’s breadth in the UK by almost 80 percent. Employees gained a valuable tool for effectively promoting the business to potential and existing customers. The publication was named “Best Internal Publication” by The Holmes Report and “Best Employee Publication” at the European Excellence Awards.
Results At A Glance:
- 8 out of 10 employees claimed IMAGINE gave them a sense of GE’s scale in the UK
- 72% better understood how GE is tackling some of the UK’s toughest challenges
- 77% increased their knowledge of other parts of the UK business
- 81% felt comfortable showing it to external audiences, which supported GE’s growth in the UK
- IMAGINE was named “Best Internal Publication” by The Holmes Report at the EMEA Sabre Awards
- IMAGINE was named “Best Employee Publication” at the European Excellence Awards