Links, Materials and Publications:
APCO serves its clients and our communities best when our people are at their best. That’s why we are committed to a culture where each employee can work authentically as their full, brilliant, caring selves and collaboratively help clients be catalysts for progress and solve the world’s greatest challenges with bold solutions.
APCO fosters a workplace where everyone can:
- authentically be their whole selves
- thrive as employees
- be recognized and celebrated for their talents and perspectives
- collaborate and appreciate others’ differences
- tackle the world’s most complex problems by confidently offering bold solutions
- continue learning, growing and flourishing
- build a lasting career
We do this by:
- Creating policies and systems that are accessible and equitable in offering opportunities to help employees grow, especially those from marginalized identities.
- Ensuring our leaders fully take responsibility in creating an inclusive, equitable environment.
- Expecting our employees to participate in and be an ambassador of APCO’s DEI efforts internally and externally.
- Communicating closely with regional and practice leaders to partner with clients and organizations who are catalysts for progress.
- Incorporating our DEI perspective into how we operate.
Why This Matters to APCO
As the world’s largest women-owned and independent advisory and advocacy communications consultancy, it’s our responsibility to not only celebrate the work we’ve done so far, but to continue to push ourselves to do more and to do better. We have a role to play in supporting and empowering our employees to help clients address these issues in their own organizations and communities.
We can’t change the world through the impactful work our clients do if we aren’t continuously changing ourselves.
We are building on our 35+ year legacy to ensure that all 850 employees (and counting) are empowered with the most equitable systems fully integrated into a truly inclusive workplace culture.
In addition to APCO’s talent and leadership teams, there are several groups dedicated to driving DEI efforts, including: