Getting Sony's Message Out Across 21 African Countries
Challenge: Sony Africa was looking to expand its presence in Africa and communicate its Africa Strategy to the pan-African media in order to build a stronger profile with consumer and trade media. However, the continent’s diverse markets, fragmented media landscape, unpredictable internet access and varied levels of expertise among journalists posed major communication challenges.
Approach: APCO orchestrated a press conference in South Africa, identifying and inviting key media from 21 African countries. Journalists were able to experience Sony products first-hand, and coverage of the event was captured in a video news release that was distributed to targeted media markets.
Results: Sony’s press outreach was a resounding success, with coverage achieved in all 21 African markets. Important relationships with key media across Africa were also solidified, enabling Sony to secure long-term media support.
Results At A Glance:
- Formed relationships with journalists resulting in long-term media support for Sony
- Orchestrated all logistics behind a successful press conference
- Provided journalists with hands-on experience of Sony products
- Earned media coverage in 21 African markets
- Distributed tailored video news releases to each market