Our commitment to conducting our business at the highest level of ethics and integrity is derived from the core values that have guided us since our founding. With one of the industry’s first corporate responsibility practices, these principles are in our DNA.
Professional standards, memberships & partnerships.
We believe the responsible practice of communication and public affairs is grounded in respect and compliance with local norms and laws, respect for both global and local expectations of good business conduct, as well as adherence to industry codes and rigorous self-regulation. APCO has endorsed and adheres to the following industry codes:
- Association Française des Conseils en Lobbying (France) Code of Ethics
- Association of Professional Political Consultants (UK) Code of Conduct
- Confederation of Indian Industry (India) Code of Business Ethics
- Council of Public Relations Firms (U.S.) Code of Ethics
- Council of Public Relations Firms in Hong Kong (Hong Kong) Code of Ethics
- Degepol (Germany) Code of Conduct
- European Public Affairs Consultancies Association (Europe) Code of Conduct
- Independent Commission Against Corruption (Hong Kong) Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (POBO)
- International Association of Business Communicators (International) Code of Conduct
- Public Relations Consultancies Association (UK) (U.S.) Code of Conduct
- Public Relations Society of America (U.S.) Member Code of Ethics
APCO’s local offices and staff actively lead and participate in or are members of a variety of business organizations including chambers of commerce, business councils, industry groups and societies.
We work in partnership with a number of global organizations, including the International Crisis Group, the International Business Leadership Forum and Business in the Community International. APCO is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact. We comply with UK Human Trafficking, Smuggling and Slavery legislation.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion runs deep.
As a majority women-owned business, diversity has been top of mind at APCO from the start. Our values of empathy and inclusion are core to how we operate internally and how we approach our work for clients. In 2020, APCO reaffirmed its commitment to fighting systemic racism through Accelerate What’s Right. APCO supports the following organizations as partners, members, sponsors or signatories and subscribes to their missions to improve diversity in our industry and the world beyond.