Washington (November 21, 2016) – Jim Moorhead, former managing director of Burson-Marsteller’s U.S. Public Affairs and Crisis practice, joined APCO’s International Advisory Council (IAC) announced Margery Kraus, founder and executive chairman of APCO Worldwide.
“Jim has a proven track record of developing effective litigation and crisis communication strategies across a variety of sectors,” Kraus said. “His experience managing complex situations will be a tremendous resource to our clients, and adds to our firm’s global expertise. We’re delighted to welcome Jim to our IAC.”
Prior to joining APCO’s IAC, Moorhead served as managing director of Burson-Marsteller’s U.S. Public Affairs and Crisis practice, and as a partner at Steptoe & Johnson LLP, where he co-chaired the firm’s crisis management team. In both roles, Moorhead developed litigation and communications strategies for Fortune 500 companies and other major clients facing congressional, regulatory and criminal investigations, class action lawsuits and public issues.
Moorhead also served as vice president and chief financial officer of Covega Corporation, where he led the company’s finance and legal departments, managing corporate governance, litigation, commercial agreements, regulatory compliance and intellectual property protection affairs.
Earlier in his career, Moorhead worked in the investment banking division of Goldman Sachs, and as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the United States Attorney’s office in Maryland.
“I’m very excited to join APCO’s International Advisory Council,” Moorhead said. “The firm’s commitment to providing clients with meaningful and strategic crisis counsel helps differentiate APCO in the marketplace. I look forward to adding to the firm’s global expertise and helping clients.”
An accomplished speaker and author, he has made more than 50 speeches to business, legal, and political organizations and written numerous op-ed pieces for The Christian Science Monitor, The Baltimore Sun and other newspapers on legal, business and political subjects.
Moorhead holds a bachelor’s degree from Harvard College and a juris doctorate degree from Columbia Law School.
Moorhead joins a distinguished group of industry experts on APCO’s IAC including:
- Nicholas Ashooh, former vice president of corporate affairs for Alcoa
- Nancy Bachrach, former executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Grey Worldwide
- Chris Hassall, former global external relations officer at Procter & Gamble
- Karen Hulebak, former chair of the Codex Alimentarius Commission; principal at Resolution Strategy, LLC., a food-safety consultancy
- Sandra E. Taylor, former senior vice president of corporate social responsibility for Starbucks Coffee Company
- Derek Yach, executive director of The Vitality Group; former senior vice president of global health and agriculture policy at PepsiCo
For more information on Jim, please watch the following video