Trade & Investment Policy
Doing business across borders requires a strategic understanding of trade and investment policy, how it is made and how to ensure it takes account of business realities. The global economic downturn has brought protectionism and trade and investment barriers back to the forefront of political and public debates in many parts of the world. International trade and investment liberalization at the World Trade Organization and through bilateral, regional and multi-regional Free Trade Agreements has stalled; and the road to a global climate change agreement is also throwing up complex trade- and investment-related issues which need careful resolution.
Read more below
APCO Worldwide's global trade and investment team has assisted clients in all major sectors to achieve results on both technical and strategic issues. Our team includes former negotiators, executive and legislative branch officials, and media experts in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Our services include:
- advice and support for advocacy and coalition building on specific issues or in support of open markets
- intelligence and analysis on key regulatory and treaty developments
- research and analysis of potential outcomes from trade and investment negotiations
- direct advocacy for trade and investment policy changes on a bilateral and multilateral basis
- advice and engagement strategies on trade-related policy debates including labor and environment
- expert advice on the policy-making process in key capitals and with groups such as the G20
Learn more about team members for Trade & Investment Policy >>